Wednesday 12 January 2011

Simple Spiced Snap pea Omelette


Today's lunch consisted of an omelette and a side salad, what's great about today's meal was that it wasn't just any omelette. I bought a pack of organic golden linseed last month because I found out recently that linseed is the richest source of Omega 3, Lignans and Fibre. Having discovered this I wanted to make use of it in my own diet. (Linseed is also known as flaxseed)

So today, I specifically searched for a recipe that contained golden linseeds and found a way to incorporate it into a recipe. When I am browsing for recipes, I tend to have an idea what I'm searching for, though I am always flexible in approaching the recipe. I enjoy adapting the recipe to what's available in the house, and for the most part modiyfing it to my own specifications and taste.

I leave you with my own healthier and simpler version of the Spiced Vegetable Omelette which I have transformed to a simpler recipe, due to not having some of the ingredients. I have also excluded the mushrooms from the recipe, even though they still remain in the picture.* This version makes a great light lunch, and yet very wholesome. Enjoy~

Simple Spiced Snap pea Omelette

Ingredients

(Serves 1)
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 tablespoon of golden linseed/flaxseed
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 ball snap peas
salt and pepper to taste


Place the linseed/flaxseed in a food grinder and pulse the seeds until they are loosely ground.



Whisk the eggs in a bowl using a fork then add the milk, ground linseed/flaxseed, spices, herbs, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk all the ingredients until they are all mixed in.




Use a good non-stick pan to fry the omelette so that you only need a small amount of oil. Add the mixture to the pan and 30 seconds later, whilst the mixture is still runny, add the snap peas. Use a spatula to ensure the omelette remains loose from the pan at the edges.

Let it cook, and still ensuring that the omelette remains loose with the spatula. When nearly cooked fold one side of the omelette over, and leave another minute to cook, et voila. Serve with salad or any other accompaniment if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment